Sunday, February 15, 2009

Could It Be?

On Saturday, Jennifer from Cows R Us (CRU) called to inquire what I thought of this batch of milk. I admitted we had not sampled it yet as it just arrived in Smyrna. She asked I go get a glass while she had me on the phone. So I did ~ it taste good; I was not able to taste any "off" favor. I also had some of the Harmony milk in the fridge that was 2 weeks old but figured I'd do a taste test. They were amazingly similar. Dear hubie could not taste any difference as well. Kids still thought Harmony had less of "after taste" than CRU but said would drink either. Good thing as they will be getting CRU milk.

Did an informal poll with other coop members.
  • One family said CRU milk tastes very good although still thinks it tastes basically the same at when it was in the Yellow Jugs. We could not compare those b/c we had no milk in Yellow Jugs.
  • Other family said kids still complained of "funny" taste in CRU milk packaged in clear jugs. But she added a little chocolate milk and they were content to drink it.
  • Last family said it tastes "okay" but still not as good as milk from where they use to live.
So truthfully we do not have a final answer ... what have we learned: obviously we cannot please everyone all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment